Saturday, August 25, 2007

Musings and wanderings...

Sometimes you find yourself wondering and wandering, doing all kinds of mental aerobics as you contemplate written words and how worthwhile they might be to someone other than yourself. I’m having one of those days, can’t you tell? So I thought I’d just have a mindless amble along my own internal pathways and do it with words! Hey, writers do this stuff and call it therapeutic, don’t ya know?

It’s been an exciting and exhausting week, the release of my first major book, the idea of publicly sitting down to talk to an audience about the book, it’s creation, my thoughts on the process, and actually signing copies of the thing for total strangers. It’s overwhelming and exciting and somewhat terrifying, even though this is supposed to be the pay-off at the end of a long and excruciating process. I say supposed to be because the jury is still out on how rewarding it will all be to my over-taxed nerves and brain! You’re laughing now, I can feel it. People who know me are laughing… and they haven’t seen me face my audience yet!

Have discovered, via a much more observant friend, that I’ve been listed with Barnes and Noble, too, which is majorly exciting… What can I say, it doesn’t take much to make me happy as a rule, so I’m easily amused. Oh, and somewhat self-deprecating in case you haven’t noticed that before! Irony is a lovely thing…

I have about a dozen new projects on the go at the moment, but today is one of those days when none of them look good, honestly. Have taken to actually reading some of it, and that’s never a good idea for me. I usually don’t read anything I write, unless I have to, then it’s usually only to do the line edits. I love the story in my head, I’m not always wild about it once it’s on paper.

At any rate, I’ve probably babbled more than enough with this, so I will close this post with a wish that all of you are having a fabulous weekend. I’d love to hear from you once you’ve read the new fantasy, As Fate Decrees, since it is a real achievement and authors love to hear their readers comments, believe me. Take care of yourselves, one and all, and thank you for staying with me on this amazing journey…

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.