Saturday, September 02, 2006

Chit-chat, and another New Release

Okay, contract news aside, it’s time for some chat, since I’m generally feeling burned out at the moment! I have too many ideas and not enough time to ever get them down onto the page, so… Some folks think that’s a “good” problem, but if you’ve ever lived with that many ideas whirling in your brain, you know it’s a recipe for madness or collapse. For me, I don’t know which one’s gonna win!

The new release is all set for Monday, so if anyone’s been waiting for the Victorian mystery/romance with the ties to Jack The Ripper, the wait is over. Personally, I think this is a much better book than the last one, mostly because it’s more of a truthful display of my writing style. I don’t, as a rule, think that explicit sex scenes enhance a story in any real way. If the book is good, then it’s real strength has to lie in the plot, the characterizations, and the way you execute the tale you want to tell. Romance is a side-effect of any story that involves people in emotional circumstances, so even in my fantasy tales, it’s there, however secondary. But, romance doesn’t always equate with sexual activity that is described in intimate detail, so… For me, I don’t ever write with graphic detail in a setting where it just doesn’t “feel” like the correct way to approach it. It’s going to be different for everyone, of course. In the first of the Devane Files books, there is romance and sexuality, but if you’re looking for another story like the one that was depicted in “Simply The Best”, you’ll be disappointed, I’m afraid. If you want a story that is crafted around two injured hearts learning to love again, then this one is very likely to appeal to you on many levels. There’s an excerpt on my website, and there’s going to be a different one posted to the LSB Blog on Tuesday morning. The URL for that one is: http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/blog

AVAILABLE September 4th, 2006

The Devane Files Book One: OUT OF HELL
ISBN: 1-59578-268-0
Genre: Victorian era Romance/Mystery
*URL: http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/outofhell.htm

In 1892 Whitechapel, only a few years after the infamous Ripper murders, Inspector Michael Devane is given the job of investigating the murder of a theatre producer. Devane is a haunted man, driven by the dark demons of his past, the elusive Ripper, and a growing addiction to opium. His brilliance is unquestionable, but his methods are highly unorthodox. When Devane comes into the home of the victim, an unpleasant man named Robert Bradshaw, he meets Bethany Davenshire-Bradshaw. In Bradshaw’s widow, Michael finds a kindred spirit who defies both the conventions of society, and the trappings of false mourning. As they grow closer, Devane discovers that Beth is a woman of many secrets, but could one of them really be that she is the murderer he’s looking for?

*NOTE: The URL won’t take you to the book until 6-7 PM ET on Monday evening. In the meantime if you want to have a look, you can go to the main page of the Liquid Silver site, (http://LSBooks.com) and click the “Coming Soon” link in the left sidebar menu.

The next book won’t be turning up until October, probably mid-month. That one is another Historical for the most part. It’s contemporary in sections, but the bulk of the story is set in the 1700s. It’s also a return to the vampire romance, and is at times quite erotic in nature. The cover will be done shortly, and once it’s ready, I’ll post it here, and of course, it will appear on the “Coming Soon” page of my website.

Other projects are my LXG: Dorian Gray romance, which I’m hoping to have finished in another month or so. Also, the next chapter of REBEL KNIGHT.

Before Christmas I’m also hoping to get well into my new pirate romance, so there’s lots of stuff on the go, I just need the time to get to everything. I guess that leads back to my earlier moan about too many ideas, doesn’t it? Time to sign off again if we’re back to that!!! Everyone have a great long weekend, and I hope you’ll drop in often and comment or send me an email if you’d like to chat… ‘Bye for now…

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I am gonna have to read this book. I've had this odd fascination with Jack the Ripper since I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.