Sunday, July 16, 2006

Muse of the moment


Okay, just for fun recently I’ve decided to take a brief break from professional commitments to have some fun. Writing is a joy to those who do it, but it’s also a job, so once in awhile you need a vacation. For me, writing in someone else’s world is often the creative “recharge” that my batteries need. This time is no different.

Anyone whose known me for awhile knows I started writing in fandom, and that’s usually where I head when I want to do something that is purely for fun. One of my favourite movies was watched again recently, and a story that nagged at me a couple of years back when I first watched it came back with a vengeance. So… For those of you who enjoyed The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, this novella might appeal to you! We all develop crushes on performers that we love, so it was no surprise to me when Stuart Townsend’s portrayal of Dorian Gray lingered on long after the movie ended. But, for me, characters sometimes talk long after the movie’s over, as well, and that’s usually when I need to write the stories they whisper to my mind. “Dorian” wanted to be resurrected, and maybe even redeemed a little bit, so… That’s what I’m doing.

The new novella is called My Immortal Beloved, and it will be published by a very dear friend of mine later this year, or possibly early next year. I’ll post details as we get closer to making this an actual book. If you enjoy Victorian England at all, there’s that appeal. If you adore Stuart Townsend, (and let’s face it, what’s not to love, right?), then you may want to check this out for that reason. For most readers, the appeal may simply be that this is a beautiful, erotic romance story that just happens to be based on a movie. Stay tuned for details, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.